Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 8


I’ve been e-mailing back and forth with Michael Bream, the owner of Gravity, trying to find a good style in which to present the new series of podcasts. These new videos will be embedded on www.gravityboard.com next to their respective skateboard in the products section.

Gravity Top Ten Bestselling Boards:
Ed Economy
Carve 46
Spoon 45
Larry Bertleman
MiniCarve
HyperCarve
Burning Spear
M-27
Brad Edwards 40
Bruce Logan

At this point I’ve come to realize that of the 10 videos we had planned on producing from my first trip to San Diego, I’ll only be able to make 5 good videos. I could make 8 or 9 with the limited footage I have but in order to keep my artistic integrity I’ve decided to wait until I can get more footage to make the remaining 5. I am frustrated when I edit a video and it’s not received as well as I had hoped, but at the same time I enjoy the motivation. If I did not receive criticism, I would most likely to create similar art pieces all the time rather than branch out and discover my potential. I need to always keep in mind that just because I like something doesn’t mean the greater public will, but at the same time I believe in having one’s own unique style.

No comments:

Post a Comment